Sunday, September 18, 2011

Whahapend?????

I know it's been quite awhile since I last "blogged" but, well.... stuff happens when we least expect it. I know that it has been almost or over a year since I was last on here and a lot has happened! The worst, I think was losing Bob, my oldest!!! Not exactly unexpected but then I guess we really never want to look at the "inevitable"! He had told me sometime earlier in the year, 2010 that he was not really feeling all that good but then, he, Marilyn, his wife and I all thought that he was doing O.K. Then he called me one day, ( he called me almost every day) and told me that he was going to go on a "Retreat" the next week and so he would call me Friday when he got home!!!! I waited and waited, and when he didn't call Friday or Saturday or Sunday I began to have those little "feelings" that Mothers get that something must be wrong. But I thought no news is good news and he evidently was just too tired after his Retreat annd would soon call! Not one word from anybody or anything but that was usual too! People work, and are busy, etc. and didn't have all the time he had to call me all the time! By the time Sunday evening came I was sitting by the phone and it rang and it was Marilyn telling me that Bob had sworn everybody to "secrecy" not to tell me but that he was in the Hospital and in IC. He was having a hard time breathing, eating or talking or anything and that he had gone there to the Hospital for an operation on his upper stomach and that he was not too good yet but at least was able to see everybody and try to talk, etc. I did remember then that he had told me, what seemed like ages before that the Dr. thought he just might have to be operated on. But it seemed like that was such a "long time ago", that I actually had forgotten about it. In fact he had told me since then that he was getting up a group to go on the Retreat, so I just went along with it!!!!! I could not talk to him for a couple of days but Marilyn called a couple of days later and when I picked up the phone it was Bob!!!! Marilyn told me that the Drs. were really amazed at his "recovery!!! He was home shortly after that and everything apparently went back to "normal?" Then he took a fall and broke, or fractured his ankle or leg and had to be put in a cast on his leg which, because of his Diabetes, made a sore on the other leg and they took the cast off and put on a soft cast, and he started to heal, but I am not going to keep on telling you what happened next, and then next, etc. and then, he was told he may have to go into dialysis for his kidneys. He had an appt. with his Dr. on Tues. and so the Urgent care Dr. told him to keep the appt. and anyway, he and Marilyn called me on that Sunday evening, (he had gone to Urgent care on Friday! ) We had a a, rather short, I think, conversation and then Marilyn talked to me for awhile and everything seemed O.K. Then the next morning, Monday, I got a call about 7:00 from Bob's oldest, Tim, that Bob had passed away!!!!! The date was November 30. Marilyn went in to help him get ready to take his "shots" etc. before she started work, (she works at home.) and she could not wake him!!! She called me a little later in the morning and told me he had the most "peaceful" look on his face but was gone!!!!! Since it's not too long before his Birthday, Nov. 1st, I just wanted to ask y0u Bob to say a prayer or two for me!!!! I don't know why I ask that because he is so "with me" daily!!!!! And he is out of his extreme misery of Diabetes for over 30 or more years!!!!! Eye sight was going, kidneys, were going, etc., etc., etc.!!!! May God Bless you Bob, and God Bless your wonderful wife Marilyn!!!! Maybe I can get on a more cheerful note next time on here. I am going to try and keep up a daily blog if I can. If you remember, I had my 90th Birthday Bash almost three years ago now!!!!! God Bless you all for that!!!!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Mom, glad to see you're back at it! I hope I didn't sign you off again by trying to put a picture on your entry! If I did, call me and I'll tell you how to sign on again. Love, Steve