Monday, September 19, 2011

"When you get older!""

Time seems to fly by but lately I have been a day or two behind or something!!! I made a "boo-boo" about the date of Bob's death on yesterday's blob! He actually passed away on the 29th of November,2010! So forgive me. Anyway to get on with today's blog! The Fall Festival that we have every year started last Thursday and since the Apartment complex I live in backs up to the Festival grounds it is quite the nuisance to me!!! Carnival rides, loud music, and shouting, (or should I say "screaming") for four days!!! This year was a "little better" and I personally think, and a few of my neighbors too, that it was somewhat quieter and seemed like less cars parked all along our street. They actually open up at 12:00 noon for the first two days because the kids are in school and then they closed, this year anyway, at 11:00 P.M. Saturday night, they open at noon but close at midnight and then Sunday it is open from noon till 1100. I think the economy may have had something to do with it, because, as I said, even those the carnival was right next to our fence, seemed that the rides weren't so full or something!!!! When I first moved to Lodi they had a Queen Contest and a few years later dropped that. (Who knows why?) And for all the time up to a few years ago on Saturday or Sunday morning there was a parade from down town by the City Hall out to the Fair grounds! They, at that time had pretty good crowds at the parade and most of the Organizations, schools or Churches had "floats!. Then it got so that there were no floats, a lot of horse riders, etc. a Boy Scout Group or two just walking the parade route, so.... go figure!!! Nothing in life anymore is like it used to be with "simple" fun, small town pride, etc, and the like. One great feature that I saw a couple of times when I attended years ago, was the beautiful "pictures" that Sorority Sisters would make with nothing but the beautiful different kinds of grapes that were grown here in the Lodi area, and they always had a "flower" show where different home gardeners showed off their prize flowers and then there were some very good side shows and also "entertainment" groups, some with pretty good names, that put on their talent on stage every day!!!! The last time I went, it was completely overpriced for what they had and was nothing more than just a Carnival with a few side shows! By this morning there was nothing left on the Fair grounds and a few "clean-up crews" were busy and by tomorrow we will be back to normal! One of my neighbors was out, he told me picking up "junk" left on the curb and sidewalk yesterday, so it looked very good here!!!! Ho-hum!!! (Yawn!!!!)

No comments: