Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Me! Again!

This has to be a surprise since I have been delaying in writing daily and I guess it's just because I keep putting it off and "wow"! Another day is gone! Where has it gone and why haven't I done anything I want to do that day???? I heard from my "older" cousin, June yesterday and she told me that she had a heart attack in Dec. My "older" cousin was born in December 1918! She is now home, though I feel that she should be with someone, I know the feeling! As long as I am able to do for myself, I like my own bed, my own food, (such as it is!) and my freedom and the quiet that comes from living in one's own place!!!! June and another cousin Esther, were both born in December before I was born in 1919 in February. She has always been very active. She had the most beautiful gardens and the vegetables that she planted and canned!! Oh, Yummy! She was very active in her Church and when her husband died several years ago, long before my Cappy, she did things like make quilts for her Church, and several other activities. She has most of her family living near her which makes it nice and they are always right there to help her!!! My family helps me out too but I only have one boy that is nearby so he really gets a workout!!! June and Byron had a boy and a girl and the boy lives nearer to Pullman, Washington but Linda and her husband Marvin married and lived right there in Clarkston, Wash. where June moved after Byron passed away. Both of June's children had families who had families and so as I said before she has plenty of people to take care of her!!! Now to get back to today. It has literally poured down most of the time since Sunday! When we came out of Church at about 11:30 A.M. on Sunday, it was pouring and has been off and on ever since! Today it not only poured rain all morning but we had really heavy winds!!! But who's complaining? This State really is suffering for want of water! The flooding of streets and all are minor casualties. In the San Fernando Valley where last August they were hit by such terrible wildfires, now the hills are literally coming down to Sts. and homes in the areas!!! This is pretty usual for them down there too! First comes the Santa Ana winds that dry everything out and then starts the wildfires! Some are delibertly set and others are accidents! Some years are worse that others but it seems that this past year has been very "extreme" in everything!!!!! The thing that I worry about with all this rain is the tule fog that sometimes happens after a good rain in our area!!!! Well, God's Will be done but I do pray for all those who are hit in these "bad" things! Got a call from my son in Ventura County and he said that they had had a tornado either yesterday or this morning down in the Long Beach area!!!! Wow!!!

No comments: