Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some more thoughts!

Well, it's still raining and is supposed to really clear up by Sunday but we'll have to wait and see!!! I got an E-Mail from a niece of mine about aprons! Do any of you remember aprons? Seemed like I remember them as a very small child! My Aunts, Grandmothers, and my Mother all wore them! They were part of one's "everyday" wear. As the E-Mail said they were used primarily to keep your one or two dresses in your wardrobe clean! But they did so much more! As she said, they made very handy dust cloths when "unexpected company" was seen coming up the walk to your door! And they were useful to wipe a little one's eyes, or nose, if that happened to be a problem!!!! They were good "oven gloves" for taking something out of the oven, and were even used to wipe one's brow if the weather got too warm. I would love to have one or two to put on over my "Sunday go to Church" clothes, instead of having to waste all that time changing into something for around the house after Church!! All the things that my niece described were what aprons were used for and more. My Mother-in Law never went on a long trip by car that she didn't come out of her house wearing a clean apron over her "good" clothes. And I asked her about it one day and she told me that usually there was a little one or two in the car with them and instead of having to be careful not to get her dress dirty, the child could sit on her lap on the apron!!!!Made sense to me!!!! I just got some good news a few minutes ago from my son, Steve. He said my latest "Great" finally took a little walk of about 5 or 6 steps! She has been taking a couple of steps and then down on her knees for about a month but she was finally brave enough to walk!!! Watch out world!!!! Here comes Lily-bug!!!!!

No comments: