Monday, January 18, 2010

And so another year!!!

Hi everybody! I know that it's been quite awhile since I have attempted to regale you with my thoughts and "memories" but hey, I'm almost another year old and time does seem to really fly by and I don't even seem to have time to do the things that I really want to do, or should do!!! My legs bother me quite a bit and walking seems to be a little slower and if I stand at all for a few minutes, my legs cramp up on me! But I don't remember whether or not I wrote about Thanksgiving this year but, it was fun and the weather was beautiful up at Arnold and the people were fun! We had Liliana this year to join the fun and at 1 year old now, she is in my opinion the smartest, cutest baby that ever lived!!!! She has a continual smile and now and then gets the "giggles"! She eats almost everything and almost walks! She takes a few steps and then finds it is, I think, faster and easier to get down on her knees and crawl where she wants to go! She chatters like a magpie, and even though no one can understand her, we all "converse" with her and that satisfies her!!!!. At her 1st birthday party, she was quite the card!!!! I left the party and went to Mass with Steve because we were leaving for Simi Valley the next morning for Christmas! I, was, that is! Steve was just my "bus driver"! I got up the first morning with a sore throat and a cough and of course, had the dumb cold for a couple of weeks! Christmas was fun, as usual at Bob's and what made it extra special was that Bill, Wendy, Afton, and Alex came for dinner! Alex had finished Basic training in Georgia and had "leave" for Christmas!!! He looked really great and I had time to talk quite a bit to him! After all, he is my Godson! He is now in Washington State for further training!!! I just hope that he doesn't end up in Iraq or Afghanistan! I guess that's what Godmothers are for, praying constantly for one or the other of their Godchildren! Tim arrived from Texas after Christmas, (my oldest Grandchild. Alex is my youngest!) He stayed until the 3rd of January. It was good to see him!!! Steve came after me on the 9th of January and I have been trying to get back into "living" ever since!!! So much mail and I had put out a few Christmas things so that all had to be tucked away! I just finished this afternoon, shredding things in my shredder! Good thing to be doing on a rainy, rainy day!!!! Love it!!! And is it ever needed! As soon as I can get together a few "thoughts" about the "old days" I will be, I feel, back on track! I had a lot of great things thought up while I was in the Simi Valley but I didn't want to disturb the routine too much!!! Now that is a story! Shame on me!! I just didn't "feel" like doing a blog!!!! Sorry!

No comments: